Intellectual Property Lawyers in Brisbane
Let’s help you keep your IP safe.
Our Brisbane IP Lawyers advise in almost all aspects of intellectual property law including trade mark registration, acting in IP disputes and litigation.
We can help with the following:
IT & technology legal advice and contracts
- Service provider contracts
- System provision and integration contracts
- SAS (software as a service) contracts
- Traps in up-time warranties
- Back-up and Data Centre contracts
Software development & licencing
- Success milestones
- Mechanisms for Variations
- UAT (defining user acceptance testing processes)
Technology & bio-technology
- Joint Ventures
- Licensing and Royalty arrangements
- R&D contracts
- Your business name or company name does not stop someone else using your name.
- A Registered Trade Mark is the best protection.
- When your Trade Mark (or reputation) is infringed we can advise you on the legal remedies availiable to you (e.g trade mark infringement / passing off) and assist you in enforcing your intellectual property rights.
When you put your heart and soul into making something unique, it’s only natural you’d want to safeguard your rights.
Issues we can help with:
- Copyright licensing
- Ownership arrangements
- Assigning ownership
- Ownership rights – employers, employees and contractors
- Who owns what your consultants are developing for you?
- Does your unique material that you have spent $1000’s of dollars developing have sufficient warnings to deter those who would seek to take unlawful advantage of it?
- Deterring infringement
- Copyright enforcement and litigation
- Understanding your rights under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)
IP Protection review
- We will visit you at your premises, review your operations & advise of strategies for protecting your IP.
Confidentiality / Non-disclosure Agreements
- Before you open the door, consider having your guest commit to not mis-using what you are about to show them
Assignment & Transfer of Intellectual Property rights
- Assignment / Novation
eLaw & eCommerce issues
- How can I make sure that my on-line customers understand & agree to my trading terms?
Need to talk to an expert?
To make an appointment with one of our IP Lawyers, call one of our Client Engagement Team today on 07 3252 0011.