11 May, 2018 - 10.00am (Brisbane local time)
Australia’s new notifiable data breach scheme (‘the Scheme’) introduced significant amendments to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) on 22 February 2018. Part of the Scheme introduced mandatory data breach notifications, that is, a requirement by Schools to notify individuals and the Australian Information Commissioner in relation to certain data breaches. We have added an additional webinar to our School Law Series 2018 to explain how the Scheme changes will affect Schools and Colleges in the management, collecting and handling of personal information for students, parents and staff across a School environment.
This webinar will discuss:
- Risks under the Scheme
- What is a notifiable data breach?
- What is the likely harm in the event of a notifiable data breach?
- What are a School’s responsibilities relating to the Scheme?
- How to manage risks with third party providers to a School
- What are the penalties for failure to comply?
- How to put a data breach plan in place