Simon completed his combined Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws from the University of New England and upon completing his Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, he was admitted to legal practice in 2016. He is currently pursuing a Master of Laws at the Australian National University.
Since his admission, Simon has worked in various areas of law, primarily focusing on complex immigration, citizenship and refugee law matters.
He has worked as a part of the Claims Assistance Providers (CAPS) with the offshore refugee cohort in the Nauru jurisdiction and been involved with a wide range of immigration matters throughout the complexities of COVID19. Outside of work hours, Simon regularly provides Community Legal Education seminars to culturally diverse groups in the Brisbane region.
Simon is passionate about conducting a forensic examination of the law to create an outcome that provides the security his clients are seeking. His guiding principle is a strong belief that every migration outcome is achievable and always seeks to present a pathway identifying the options available. He is inspired by diversity and multiculturalism and believes bringing cultures and families together makes Australia wealthier as a nation.
Simon brings a range of extra-legal experience to his role having served on staff at his local church, established a Registered Training Organisation delivering leadership and management courses, and having run a social enterprise in the humanitarian space.
Simon stays active outside of legal practice. He enjoys various forms of sporting activities such as mountain climbing, cycling and personal fitness. Simon is a keen home chef, regularly undertaking cooking classes, and a world traveller, having recently completed a motorcycle tour of North Thailand.
- Australia’s India Travel Ban – Biosecurity Reasons v Right to Return Home
- Ministerial Direction 90 and the Character Test from 15 April 2021
- Making a Ministerial Intervention Request
- What you need to know before you sponsor an employee under the temporary skills shortage visa?
- What to do if your student visa is ABOUT to expire but you cannot depart Australia due to COVID-19?
- What to do if your student visa HAS EXPIRED but you cannot depart Australia due to COVID-19?