We assist tenants (across Queensland) with:
- Retail Shop Leases Act – Legal Advice Report
- Review and advice on lease terms
- Negotiation of lease terms (often with significant cost savings)
- Exercise of options to renew (which must be exercised strictly in accordance with their terms)
- Extension or assignment of leases
- Surrender of Leases
- Structuring security arrangements (security deposits, bank guarantees and personal guarantees) and your other affairs for asset protection
Fixed fee high point advice conference for tenants from our Retail Shop Lease Lawyers Brisbane
You meet for a conference with one of our lawyers and walk through the Lease document. (Please send us the Lease document as soon as possible. By fax or email is fine). We focus on the “big ticket” and unusual aspects of the Lease and any questions that you have.
- Some basic hand notated changes to the Lease and explanations of them (if required)
- Retail Shop Lease Legal Advice Certificate (if required)
- Tabulated written summary of Advice
- Access to other specialist members of our team of lawyers (if required)
- Running and reporting on chosen searches usually during the conference (outlays additional)
This meeting can be face to face or by telephone and usually lasts 2 hours.
In Queensland, Leases of more than three years (or with options to renew) need to be registered on title in order to protect the term and the options.
We also assist with car park, footpath dining and other licence agreements.
We assist landlords (across Queensland) in navigating compliance with the Retail Shop Leases Act 1994 (Qld). Landlord assistance includes:
- Lease preparation
- Disclosure compliance
- Extensions and variations
- Enforcement of landlord rights including Notices to Remedy Default
- Compliance with other relevant legislation