Kristel Winkler | Special Counsel
Kristel was admitted as a Lawyer of the Supreme Court of Queensland in May 2008 with many prior years experience in legal offices.
Kristel represents clients in a broad range of areas, including:
Not for profit and charity
- Establishment, structuring and governance for not for profit bodies, including charities, schools, and churches
- Assisting charities with compliance under the ACNC Act and tax legislation
- Charitable tax endorsements & ACNC registration for charities, including deductible gift recipient endorsement.
Property & Commercial
- Complex & large value property transactions
- Duties & tax
- Sale and purchase of business
- Establishment of new business structures
- Trust establishment and variation
- Retirement village conveyancing
- Aged care entry
- Compliance and structuring for aged care facilities and retirement villages
- Estate administration.
With broad experience in the Not-For-Profit and Commercial Law arenas, Kristel is well-placed to assist not for profits and charities with their establishment, governance, and property transactions.
Kristel has assisted school groups, religious organisations and charities across many areas, including compliance, corporate governance and structuring, property transactions, dealings between charitable entities, and winding up.
Kristel has a diverse property and commercial practice experience and has assisted clients with large scale property transactions, redevelopments, body corporate issues, leasing, licences, as well as business transactions and business start-up advice.
Kristel provides caring and considered advice to her older clients with the host of legal issues which can be of particular concern in later life. She is especially interested in assisting clients with retirement village conveyancing, understanding aged care entry, and estate planning.
- Bachelor of Laws (QUT)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (College of Law)
- Masters of Law in Elder Law (UQ)
Kristel sits on the advisory board of Good Shepherd Christian School and was formerly on the management committee of Christian Lawyers Society Inc. (Qld).
- The Roll Out of the National Disability Insurance Scheme and What It Means For Participants
- Trust Resettlements
- What Are Mutual Wills
- Aged Care Act Reforms (Commonwealth) (Webinar August 2014)
- Retirement Village Conveyancing
- Elder Law & Estate Planning – Five Key Estate Planning Steps to Take Now That Will Save Your Loved Ones Thousands of Dollars (Webinar 16 October 2013)
- Retirement Village Entry (Webinar 25 June 2014)
Get in touch with an expert lawyer
Or use this form to send us a message: