Fiona Manderson | Special Counsel
Fiona was admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia in January 2005.
She has worked in private practice in small and medium size firms, and at Legal Aid Queensland for a number of years, including in the specialist Violence Prevention unit.
Fiona has appeared in the Coroners Court and the former Queensland Anti-Discrimination Tribunal and has experienced dealing with complex commercial and employment law litigation.
More recently, she had undertaken defamation, consumer protection, discrimination, contractual disputes, and appeals in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal, Federal Circuit Court, Federal Court, Supreme Court and Court of Appeal including complex multi-jurisdictional matters.
She has extensive experience in Family Law and related matters and has regularly appeared as a solicitor advocate in the Magistrates Courts, District Court, Supreme Court, Federal Circuit Court and Family Court.
Fiona advises and represents clients in a range of matters including:
- General commercial litigation
- Family Law Parenting
- Family Law Property
- Spousal Maintenance
- Guardianship matters
Fiona is experienced in listening to clients and understanding their needs, assessing the situation and providing accurate advice and options to achieve a resolution.
She enjoys working with her clients to obtain good outcomes for families during what is usually a very stressful time.
Fiona is experienced in direct negotiations, representing clients in mediation and Family Dispute Resolution and court applications. Fiona recognizes the importance of settling matters early.
Fiona has served on the board of 3 not-for-profit organisations, including an Independent Church board.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Master of Laws
- Bachelor of International Business
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Vocational Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution
Fiona is accredited as an Independent Children’s Lawyer and as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner. She regularly volunteers her time at Women’s Legal Service.
- Mediation and Family Dispute Resolution options – alternatives to going to Court
- Changing or ending a spousal maintenance order
- Changing a Child’s Name
- The Divorce Process – One Step At A Time
- New Bill to Address Domestic and Family Violence in Queensland
- Domestic Violence and Family Violence in Focus by the Queensland Government
- Child Abuse – Mandatory Reporting Requirements for Teachers
- Domestic Violence Case Note – TJA v TJF  QDC 244
- Family Law Parenting Issues – Webinar (February 2014)
- Home Schooling & Distance Education – Legal Perspectives (Legal Aid Queensland)
Get in touch with an expert lawyer
Or use this form to send us a message: