Miriam graduated from the Queensland University of Technology in 2014 with a Bachelor of Laws (Second Class Honours).
In 2015, she completed her Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (also at QUT) and was admitted to practice as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland.
Miriam joins our commercial team having started her career as a clerk to a Brisbane barrister. This experience afforded her in-depth exposure to a diverse range of corporate, contractual, insolvency, family and medical negligence matters.
More recently, Miriam has focused her professional attention on commercial law with particular emphasis on property, conveyancing and body corporate considerations.
Miriam is committed to serving her clients well through a deeply ingrained sense of professionalism and attention to detail.
Often considerate of her client’s position, Miriam cultivates a sense of empathy for their situation and pursues effective legal and practical outcomes to meet their needs.
An experienced speaker on the topic of wellness in the legal industry, Miriam’s other research interests include:
- religious freedom and anti-discrimination law
- mediation and alternative dispute resolution
- indigenous legal issues
- corporate governance.
Outside the office, Miriam pursues her passion for reading, power walking, Irish music and volunteers with her Church community.
Recent Presentations & Publications
- Assignments of Lease: Practical Tips and Potential Pitfalls (a Legalwise presentation)
- Assignments of Lease: Seeking permission rather than forgiveness
- Is your “Licence” really a lease – and why does this matter?
- Recovering land tax under commercial leases or retail shop leases
- When is my lease a retail shop lease?
- Retail Shop Leasing in Queensland – A few things you need to know as a Tenant