Kathleen was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland in July 2013 following extensive practical legal training in at Corney & Lind.
- Not-for-profit and charity law including structuring, tax concessions and deductible gift recipient endorsements
- Estate planning including wills and enduring powers of attorney
- Estate administration including probate & letters of administration
- Estate litigation including family provision applications
- Dispute resolution & litigation in civil matters
Kathleen has excellent attention to detail and demonstrates strong drafting and communication skills. Her professionalism and efficiency is recognised by clients to be of great support in stressful situations and the currency of her legal knowledge adds significant value to our professional team.
An article co-written by Kathleen has recently been republished by Legalwise in seminar newsletter.
She frequently advises in relation to:
The operation of the Personal Properties Securities Act
Registration of security interests on the Personal Property Securities Register
Intellectual property matters including trade mark registration and protection
Kathleen also has experience in the following areas:
- Contract review and drafting
- Commercial & business law
- Leasing & licensing
- Conveyancing including residential property, commercial property and business conveyances
- She has been awarded a Bachelor of Media and Communication with Distinction and a Bachelor of Laws both from QUT.
Kathleen was recently appointed to the Council of Good News Lutheran School.
- Succession changes – The effect of the end of a de facto relationship on a Will, and a Stepchild’s standing to bring a family provision application
- Estate Planning – What happens to my superannuation when i die?
- Superannuation Death Benefits – Remedies for Disappointed Beneficiaries and Dependants
- Protect your interests by registering your lease under the PPSA – Lessons from the Forge case
- Webinar: PPSR – PMSIs and Retention of Title
- Webinar: PPSR Essentials and Registration tips
- Family Provision Applications brought by Grandchildren
- Factors impacting the Risk of a Family Provision Application
- Family Provision Application Cases Involving Large Estates
- How is the need of a Family Provision Applicant assessed? (Large Estates)
- What is ‘Adequate’ and ‘Proper’ Provision for Family?
- The impact of estranged relationships in bringing a Family Provision Application
- Family Provision Time Limit to bring an Application
- Why it is Essential to Register ”Hire Assets” under the PPSA
- Proposed Amendments to Public Ancillary Fund Guidelines and Private Ancillary Fund Guidelines
- The risks of preparing an informal Will
- Estate Litigation (Family Provision) Case Note: Oswell v Jones & Ors  QSC 384
- Binding death benefit nominations – is yours valid? Lessons learnt from Munro & Anor v Munro & Anor  QSC 61
- PPSR – Some Tips and Traps
- Mead v Lemon – Daughter Awarded 25 Million Dollars in Family Provision Application
- Left out of a Will for no Reason?
- The Recent Developments in QLD Property Legislation – What do they mean? (Webinar October 2014)
- Review of the PPSA – Report on the impact on small business
- Why you need a Trademark to protect your Business Name or Company Name (Webinar August 2014)
- Amendments to the PPSA in the definition of Motor Vehicles
- Challenging a Will – What do I need to know? (Webinar April 2014)
- Leases of Personal Property & proposed amendments to the PPSA – Do you know if the PPSA applies to your goods?
- Will Making – top issues to consider
- PPSR Registration Tips – Short & Sharp Webinar Series (Webinar)
- PPSA – Time is running out to register your transitional security interests – 30 January 2014
- The Maiden Case – Bringing home the importance of registering your personal property security interests on the PPSR
- Australian Trade Marks 101
- First steps after separating & Tips for meeting with a family lawyer
- PPSA & PPSR: take swift specialist legal advice today
- PPSR – ASIC satisfied charges have migrated
- Migrating an Incorporated Association to a Company Limited by Guarantee
- Qld Asbestos Management & Disclosure obligations – landlords and tenants
- Legal Compliance for Not for Profit Boards (joint paper with Andrew Lind for the CMA Board Training Day)