Jozef is a member of our Litigation team serving as a Senior Lawyer in Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution.
In 2015, Jozef was admitted to practice in Queensland and was noted to be the youngest admittee at 18 years old at the time. He holds the following academic qualifications:
- Master of Corporate Law from the University of Cambridge (with graduation to occur in 2022);
- Master of Laws from the Australian National University;
- Bachelor of Laws from the University of Southern Queensland;
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Queensland University of Technology;
- The credential of readiness in Financial Accounting, Business Analytics, & Economics for Managers from Harvard University, USA.
In practice Jozef empasises precision, a strategic balance of legal and practical considerations, and securement of defined objectives and outcomes. His legal experience includes:
- Advising & representing clients in the Supreme Court of Queensland & Court of Appeal proceedings concerned with an application under the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Qld) including instruction of Counsel in interlocutory applications, trial, & appeal.
- Advising & representing clients in Supreme Court of Queensland proceedings concerned with a claim in equitable title including instruction of Counsel in interlocutory applications.
- Advising, representing, instructing, & appearing in Queensland Courts & the Queensland Civil & Administrative Tribunal ala, inter alia, contractual disputes, lease disputes, defamation, insolvency, actions under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), and general commercial litigation and guardianship and administration appointments.
- Carriage & management of institutional debt recovery including correspondence, negotiation, and litigation as necessitated.
- Negotiating & perfecting “without prejudice” settlements and resolutions out of court in commercial contexts prior to and at mediation.
- Reviewing & providing strategic advices in respect of leases & general commercial contracts.
Outside of practice, Jozef also serves as Managing Director of the annual not-for-profit Philippines-Australia Autumn Festival delivered as a multicultural community initiative with the support of the Queensland Government. In 2015, Jozef received a Congressional Commendation from the Republic of the Philippines in recognition of his achievements. He speaks fluent Tagalog, and also manages a social media channel dedicated to encouraging humane and constructive conversations and discourse across different industries, cultures, and people.
In his spare time, he enjoys playing basketball & the violin, bantering on politics & financial markets, reading literature (with a keen interest in social philosophy), & leading groups in Church music ministry.