Fran is an Australian Legal Practitioner. She was admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland in 1996 and registered in the High Court of Australia in 2000.
She is a Nationally Accredited Mediator and an accredited Mental Health First Aider.
She is also an Adjunct Lecturer (Law) at College of Law Australia.
Fran has extensive experience running large government legal practices in her capacity as Assistant Crown Solicitor and acting Deputy Crown Solicitor at the Crown Law Queensland office from 2007 to 2018.
In these capacities she took on the most complex employment and work injury matters advising government departments including Queensland Police Service, Justice and Attorney-General, Education, Emergency Services, Ambulance, Corrective Services, Health, and Treasury.
Prior to Crown Law, Fran worked as a Senior Associate at DLA Piper and in senior legal roles at Ashurst Australia and Minter Ellison in litigation and dispute resolution practices.
Before joining Corney and Lind in 2018, Fran ran her own boutique employment law and mediation practice.
Fran has extensive experience in employment law, discrimination law, unlawful termination, general protections, bullying and harassment, contracts, restraint of trade and confidentiality clauses, dispute resolution and mediation, workers compensation, institutional abuse and public liability.
Acting for institutions, governments, private enterprise, and private individuals, she has a unique perspective and understanding of processes from all perspectives.
Fran is a regular presenter and trainer at professional development seminars. While at Crown Law she regularly provided training on workplace matters to departmental clients.
In her spare time, Fran enjoys sailing and has a wooden boat collection ranging from canoes, Mirrors and a Welsford.
Qualifications and Accreditation
- Bachelor of Laws (UQ)
- Bachelor of Arts (Government) (UQ)
- Nationally Accredited Mediator (NMAS)
June 2017: Crown Law Choice Award for Excellence
- ‘Casual chaos’ – Federal Court redefines ‘casual’ employee – the implications for business owners with a casual workforce
- Can paid personal and carers’ leave be accessed whilst stood due to COVID-19?
- Jobkeeper Payment COVID-19 FAST FACTS
- In what circumstances are workers entitled to sick pay during stand down?
- In what circumstances can business owners stand down their workers?
- Are Awards being relaxed in response to the disruptions caused by COVID-19?
- COVID-19 Employment FAST FACTS #2
- COVID-19 Employment FAST FACTS
- Employees and Coronavirus – Rights to workers compensation
- COVID-19: What does it mean if you are a Queensland Business Owner?