With the advent of this new game-changing system, we are offering a High Point advice conference with one of our lawyers. This conference would be tailored to your enterprise but could be expected to cover the following matters:
- Understanding your enterprise – what you supply and when and on what terms you are paid for that supply; what you buy (or consume); your group structure; and your current external borrowing arrangements. We develop this understanding by asking you a number of questions. This will allow us to focus in on the points at which there may be PPSA & PPSR issues for you and your enterprise.
- Overview of how the PPSA & PPSR works in your context (this will be tailored to focus on the issues relevant for your enterprise).
- PPSA issues as supplier:
- When do you seek to rely on retention of title rights?
- When can you and when can’t you rely on the PPSA 24 month transitional security interest period? You should not assume that you can automatically rely on this.
- When do you need to register a security interest before the supply of your personal property to your clients/customers?
- When should you consider registering your security interest as a PMSI?
- What changes to your terms and conditions of trade do you need to consider making?
- PPSA issues as buyer:
- Suppliers to you will no doubt want to register security interests over you.
- How should those security interests be limited and should there be a positive obligation of release?
- Answering any specific questions that you may have.
Failure to properly register security interests may lead to a loss of property that is owned by you but in the possession of someone else. Title is no longer “king”. It makes sense to make a modest investment to obtain some tailored PPSA and PPSR advice.
What next? Contact one of our Business Development Officers today …
Business Development Officers
We now have a dedicated team of Business Development Officers to assist you in engaging with us. Our Business Development Officers will assist you with:
- understanding what your need is and what your time frames are
- identifying the best lawyer on our team for you and your need
- explaining what it will cost
- explaining what you need to do next and what initial information you will need to have for us
- getting your initial appointment locked in
- hearing your feedback so that we can always be improving our services
Communication with our Business Development Officers is absolutely free. Call (07 3252 0011) or email one of our Business Development Officers (General Enquiry) now.