Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Its impact
COVID-19 has had a global effect on countries, economies, travel, businesses and individuals alike. Australia’s response has been to implement a number of measures to help the economy, institutions and its people.
Here at Corney & Lind, we want to help businesses and individuals during this period by offering a number of packages to keep enterprises from going under and individuals informed of their rights during this time.
Corney & Lind are committed to serving our clients well. You can read about this here.
This page offers discounted legal packages, which will be delivered remotely and provides free legal information to help decision-makers during this uncertain period.
Reduced Offer on Legal Services
COVID-19 Business Response PackageIdeal for businesses new to operating remotely
1 hr initial teleconference consultation
Tailored Work From Home Policy
Access to senior lawyer for contractual questions (example force majeure clause, rental holiday)
Not-for-profit & Charities Health Check
How the Australian Government stimulus package applies
What are the conditions applicable?
Understanding grants for your clients
Template work from home policy for staff
Access to a senior lawyer to discuss issues, like premises, gathering concerns, restrictions
Lease Response PackageIdeal for landlords and tenants
1 hr initial phone / video conference
Prepare for rent relief or business hibernation
Assistance with identifying critical negotiating points
Template for business hibernation
A tailored meeting checklist
Employer Response OptionsNeed specific advice to navigate COVID-19
Tele / video conference with an employment lawyer
Choice A: 1.5 hours consult (incl 1 hr initial consult + pre-reading of docs)
Choice B: 1 hour consult (incl 1 hr initial consult, no pre-reading of docs)
Tailored legal advice specific to your business needs
Access to senior lawyer to discuss work from home, self-isolating employees, standing down, amended pay
Employee HelpEmployment affected by COVID-19?
Choice A: 1 hour consult + pre-reading docs - we request and review relevant docs.
Choice B: 1 hour consult only, no pre-reading of docs
1 hour consult to be done via tele / video conference
Ask questions regarding self-isolation, penalty for non-compliance, standing down, termination
Seek assistance on accessing government help
FOC 1st consultFrom the comfort of your home
Been injured at work? Unable to travel? Are you in self-isolation?
Free video conference with our lawyers
ZOOM, FaceTime, Skype or WhatsApp options available
Simple Will & EPOAGet your affairs in order
Don't leave the comfort of your home.
45 minute videoconference with lawyer
Incl 2 documents: Standard Will & EPOA for 1 person
2 documents either emailed/posted with instruction on signing
Couples mirror Wills & EPOA also at discount price
Remote options for Videoconference: or Teleconference
COVID-19 Related Podcast
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Legal Information
Are you a:
- Could contract frustration save your business from coronavirus?
- Landlord and Tenant Relief during COVID-19 (as of 29 March 2020)
- Potential Landlord and Tenant Relief during COVID-19 (as of 20 March 2020)
- COVID-19 amendment bills – Protection for businesses facing financial distress
- COVID-19: Further restrictions on businesses, gatherings and travel (as of 25 March 2020)
- How is COVID-19 going to affect your legal matter?
- How can my organisation access the Government’s COVID-19 financial assistance?
- Could a Force Majeure clause save your business from coronavirus?
- Will my retail shop be affected by coronavirus?
- COVID-19 & Insolvency
- Statutory Demand – Frequently Asked Questions
- Jobkeeper Payment COVID-19 FAST FACTS
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Employment FAST FACTS #2 to frequently asked questions
- COVID-19 Employment FAST FACTS
- Are Awards being relaxed in response to the disruptions caused by COVID-19?
- In what circumstances are workers entitled to sick pay during stand down?
- In what circumstances can business owners stand down their workers?
- What do employers need to consider when enacting a work from home policy?
- COVID-19: What does it mean if you are a Queensland Business Owner?
- How to vaccinate against the coronavirus threat to your business or job
- Government announces extra support to Domestic Violence services during the COVID-19 crisis
- COVID-19 outbreak: Will it affect my family law matter?
- COVID-19: Couples separating under one roof
- Staying safe from domestic and family violence during the coronavirus outbreak
Help Stop the Spread
A message authorised by the Australian Government Department of Health.