Using our legal skills on a State and National level has often reminded us of the devastating consequences that institutional failure, discrimination and human error can bring. We understand the importance of life-giving community, of safe and healthy institutions, charities, churches, schools and businesses that shape culture. Cultivating wise decision making requires space, dignity, discretion and clarity around risks and options.
The opportunity to present before sector and industry, government, legal peers and business audiences is a State and National mission we do not take for granted. Being given recognition as an authority in specialist practice areas has also been an honour as we seek to serve Australia. We have found our advice sought on a National platform, making considered, measured submissions that shares legal knowledge, insight and in some circumstances have assisted in carrying law reform forward.
We are appreciative of opportunities in:
- Serving and helping empower Indigenous Community in Native Title negotiations.
- Presenting legal technical papers to national audiences across Australia in person and in studio.
- Our Alistair Macpherson (Director) is Vice Chair of the Board of Queensland Baptists which provides governance oversight to a large movement of Baptist Churches throughout Queensland.
- Our Andrew Lind (Director) serves on the Law Council of Australia Legal Practice Section Not-for-Profit and Charities Committee. The appointment recognizes Andrew’s standing as a leading Australian lawyer in not-for-profit and charity law. The Committee is made up of 7 lawyers nationally.
- Andrew also serves as Chair on the not-for-profit and charity law sub-committee of the Queensland Law Society (QLS).
- In more recent times, Andrew has made significant input in the QLS and Law Council of Australia submission on the Commonwealth Redress Scheme for Institutional Child Sexual Abuse Bill 2017. You can access the submission here.
- Our Eduardo Cruz (Senior Associate) was recently appointed as a member of the QLS Accident Compensation and Tort Law Committee.
- Andrew and Eduardo’s ascension to the respective QLS’ Policy Committee roles provides them with opportunity to help shape law reform in their respective practice areas.