Corney & Lind have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Officer (BDO) to join our busy team in our Herston, Brisbane office on a full-time permanent basis. Experience in frontline interface, natural carer (and demonstrated empathy) that can harness new client retention and exceptional relationship building and customer service skills are essential. Work with the largest team of Christian lawyers in Queensland, who see their legal work as a calling and part of their ministry.
Our Vision is to provide advice and solutions that deliver just, redemptive outcomes for our clients. We exist to contribute positively to the fabric of this world through measured, timely and strategic counsel, courageous advocacy and clear documentation. Corney & Lind are a growing Christian mid-sized Law Firm in Herston. Our clients include schools, charities, SME’s and individuals (Australia wide).
The BDO role is frontline, as such, the Applicant must be willing to demonstrate our core values in:
- We pay attention – listening well to the needs of our clients and responding in a timely manner.
- We exercise care – knowing that we are entrusted with significant issues in people’s lives. Our responsibility is to be accurate.
- We seek to have integrity – acting with honesty and openness.
About the role
Working in a collaborative team environment, this role enjoys a broad mix of work. Being on the frontline involves being the “first person” that a potential client deals with when responding to their enquiry (usually by telephone), being confident in channeling the query to the appropriate person, quickly gaining an understanding of our end-to-end process, facilitate building relationships with our lawyers and networks, liaising with external stakeholders, being an external representative for the firm as and when required. Stong interpersonal skills both face to face and by telephone are essential.
A clearly articulated “Career Path” is in place at Corney & Lind Lawyers facilitating progress in your development through the firm. You will have access to directly to a “Director” contact and be invited to be part of a structured and formal mentoring program.
Reporting directly to the Director – Client Engagement and Business Development this role presents an exciting opportunity for someone who has a strong desire to serve clients well from the outset and being part of the solution to reaching a just redemptive outcome.
Target expectations are reasonable and realistic so that work-life balance can be achieved.
Remuneration: Generous according to experience
The ideal applicant will have the following attributes:
- Exceptional customer service skills and confidence on phones
- Natural carer (and demonstrated empathy) that harnesses client retention
- Support business campaigns with external stakeholders
- Ability to facilitate relationships with existing and new referrers
- Active networker with senior lawyers
- Implements value-adding to process
- Self-starting attitude and motivated work ethic
- A demonstrated commercial sensibility
Preferred applicants will have an advantage if they have:
- Worked as a senior legal support person having worked in a law firm for extensive number of years
- Digital marketing experience
- Business graduate qualifications
- Paralegal experience
- IT and precedents development experience
Application: Attach your resume, cover letter and academic transcript for all university degrees in an email to Diana Olsson, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact Diana on P: (07) 3252 0011
Your application needs to address how you would work with and contribute to the ethos and vision of the firm.