Brittany is a part time Law Clerk in the litigation team at Corney & Lind Lawyers.
She is currently in her fourth year of studying a Bachelor of Laws & a Bachelor of Government and International Relations at Griffith University.
Through her studies, Brittany has developed an interest in various legal fields including personal injury, constitutional and administrative law.
Outside of work and her studies, Brittany enjoys reading, road trips, and music.
She is an active member of her local Church with a particular focus on youth Ministry. Brittany is part of the youth leadership team who aim to demonstrate God’s love and create a positive, safe and enriching environment for them to participate in.
Brittany seeks to develop her skills in legal advocacy whilst gaining invaluable experience working as part of the Corney & Lind team.
With these skills, she hopes to one day have a genuine impact on the lives of those in need and to advocate for just redemptive outcomes.
- COVID-19: What does it mean if you are a Queensland Business Owner?
- Employees and Coronavirus – Rights to workers compensation
- Can an employee with a medical condition be dismissed?
- Can a pregnant employee’s term of employment be unilaterally changed?
- New Quality Standards: Legal, Governance and Risk Management – Meeting Your Obligations In Home Care
- Mediation and Family Dispute Resolution options – alternatives to going to Court
- Changing or ending a spousal maintenance order
- Changing a Child’s Name
- The Divorce Process – One Step At A Time
- New Bill to Address Domestic and Family Violence in Queensland
- Domestic Violence and Family Violence in Focus by the Queensland Government
- Child Abuse – Mandatory Reporting Requirements for Teachers
- Home Schooling & Distance Education – Legal Perspectives (Legal Aid Queensland)
Fiona is a regular presenter of technical papers and training at professional development seminars at the invitation of various peak bodies, schools and colleges, and continuing legal education providers such as TEN (Television Education Network), Legalwise, ACC (Australian Christian Churches), QB (Queensland Baptist), ACS (Associated Christian Schools) and QASR (Queensland Association of School Registrars).
Technical paper and training presentations Fiona delivers, include topics:
- Managing Harmful Sexual Behaviour in the School Environment
- Mastering the complexities of family law
- Family Law Compliance Issues In Schools
- Challenging Students and Difficult Situations
- Dealing With Sexual and Physical Abuse Issues
- Family Law, Domestic Violence and Ministry Implications
- School Enrolment Contracts
- Family Law for Schools – Getting Enrolment Right