Barry completed a Bachelor of Business Management / Bachelor of Laws from the University of Queensland. Subsequent to completing a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from QUT, Barry was admitted to practice as a legal practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland in 2002.
He commenced his legal career working for a top-tier firm in the areas of employment law, insurance litigation and construction law.
In 2004, Barry established his own retail business and quickly grew the business to ten stores with forty employees. Working as an in-house counsel and business owner, Barry has extensive experience running a business and developing practical, innovative solutions to legal problems faced by small and medium sized businesses. Drawing on his own business experience, Barry has a “big picture” understanding of business and how the practice of law integrates into the day-to-day running of a business.
Barry is skilled in the areas of contract negotiation, employment law, Australian consumer law, commercial leasing disputes and franchise law. Working in our commercial litigation team, Barry is passionate about alternative dispute resolution and developing cost-effective solutions for clients.
Outside of practising law Barry is actively involved in his local community. He is a leader for Riverlife Baptist Church Children’s Ministry and a member of the P&C executive committee for Fig Tree Pocket State School. Barry also enjoys mountain biking and spending time with family.
- What do employers need to consider when enacting a work from home policy?
- Will my retail shop be affected by coronavirus?
- Could a Force Majeure clause save your business from Coronavirus?
- How to vaccinate against the coronavirus threat to your business or job
- Statutory Demand – Frequently Asked Questions
- A Lease Dispute case note: Fu Manchu Dining Pty Ltd V SP (QLD) Pty Ltd  QCAT 394
- Practical Guide to the Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme (NDBS)