At Corney & Lind Lawyers we seek to deliver Just Redemptive Outcomes® for our clients local and international alike.
An area of law that often crosses geographical boundaries is family law.
If you have a family law matter that involves your family located in Australia and you are:
- a U.S. citizen; or
- a U.S. resident; and/or
- located in the U.S
We have Australian family lawyers (the name for ‘Attorney’ in Australia) that can assist you and have experience in dealing with international family law matters.
Australian Family Law Service
We understand the stress and difficulty surrounding relationship breakdown and the disintegration of a family unit. This can be complicated further with the movement of a family member(s) abroad without proper arrangements dealing with parenting, financial support and/or the settlement of international property.
We seek the best outcome for our clients by:
- Taking time to understand your circumstances;
- Providing advice on practical issues depending on your location (dealing with what is within your control); and
- Working on a strategy for a legal solution.
Over the years, our Corney and Lind family lawyers have gleaned experience working through the following international matters that involved a family law party located in the United States of America:
- International Binding Child Support Agreements that ensured a client’s children were looked after, and payments were to be made, between U.S.A and Australia;
- A Hague Convention Application on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction;
- Parenting Orders that take into account holidays and parenting time between parents located in the U.S.A and Australia;
- International Property Orders where the client has property in both U.S.A and Australia; and
- An Agreement that dealt with the Hague Convention on the International Recovery of Child Support and other forms of Family Maintenance.
Contact our Australian lawyer (based in California) for an introduction
Natasha Duff (Senior Lawyer) is our Australian lawyer (and an Australian legal practitioner) based in California, USA.
If you need assistance with your Australian family law matter, contact her for an efficient facilitation of your international family law matter.