Unfortunately, the employment relationship can break down resulting in Unfair Dismissal, or employees can become surplus to requirements and need to be made redundant. If this happens, our specialist Brisbane employment lawyers can provide you with comprehensive advice and assistance.
In particular, our specialist employment, HR and Industrial and Workplace Relations lawyers are frequently advising and assisting in the following:
- Assisting employers with managing the dismissal process;
- Claims for unfair dismissal/unfair termination (where the dismissal is considered harsh, unjust or unfair, or not a genuine redundancy). We can assist with drafting a claim for employees who believe they have been unfairly dismissed, or assisting an employer in responding to a claim, and representing you throughout the claim;
- Assisting with genuine redundancies, including advising on whether a redundancy is genuine and what steps employers should take before making an employee redundant;
- Claims for adverse action (where adverse action has been taken because the employee exercised a workplace right, or has been discriminated against);
- Drafting Settlement Deeds/ Separation Agreements for employers, or advising employees regarding Settlement Deeds/Separation Agreements;
- Instituting or defending proceedings for breach of the employment contract;
- Preserving and enforcing intellectual property rights, confidentiality obligations, restraint of trade obligations, including instituting urgent court proceedings to safeguard and preserve your valuable goodwill.
Recently had an unfair dismissal? Contact us today
Please contact our Business Development Team or call us on (07) 3252 0011 to book an appointment with one of our Employment Lawyers today. There are strict time limits that apply to the various claims (sometimes as little as 21 days from the date of dismissal/termination taking effect), and prompt action and expert legal advice is essential to preserving your rights.