In this day and age, businesses, charities and individuals are constantly looking beyond their natural borders.
- Taking your charitable relief work overseas?
- A foreign company looking to engage with Australian activities?
- A local company seeking to take your business on the internet?
- A foreigner who had an accident whilst on holiday?
- Looking for an international lawyer?
A plethora of legal issues arise that will need your consideration.
Our Brisbane based lawyers have experience in advising clients on a variety of matters.
Here are some examples of how we have advised local and overseas clients in our 7 key focus areas.
Our lawyers have assisted with:
- governance on a number of schools and education providers overseas; and
- foreign entities bringing education-related services locally to Australia.
Our lawyers have advised:
- foreign charities on commencing their operations in Australia, including governance requirements, structuring advice and obtaining the various Australian tax concessions available to not-for-profits and charities; and
- local charities on their obligations with regulatory authorities (e.g. maintaining Income Tax Exempt status) when sending funds overseas, or engaging in overseas operations.
Our lawyers have experience in:
- assisting international clients set up a local Australian presence. We have effectively worked together with our extensive network of other local professionals (such as taxation, insolvency and financial advisors) to assist our clients in establishing a strong local presence;
- advising on matters such as Australian Privacy Laws and requirements of the Foreign Investment Review Board; and
- assisting our international clients in enforcing terms of contracts with Australian businesses; and
- assisting local clients in strategic drafting of their contracts with overseas parties.
Our lawyers frequently advise foreign workers on employment law and discrimination issues.
In the near future we will have a Registered Migration Agent as part of our legal team.
Our lawyers have assisted:
- international clients through difficult separations with their spouse or partner in Australia; and
- we also have experience in Hague Convention applications, that is, commencing an application for the recovery of children abducted internationally by another parent to a Hague Convention Country.
Our lawyers have advised:
- Australian businesses with recouping losses from an Australian insurer in regards to manufacturing defects that have occurred overseas;
- local Australian employers on liability considerations when sending their employees overseas; and
- we assist travelers who have suffered an injury in Australia.
Our lawyers have experience in assisting:
- foreign residents in administering an estate of a loved one that resides in Australia or has left estate assets in Australia;
- Australian residents with assets in multiple overseas jurisdictions in their estate planning; and
- foreign residents in Family Provision Claims (disputing a Will) against a Deceased Estate administered in Australia.
Our team of staff and Corney & Lind are experienced, culturally diverse and able to assist in a number of languages.
U.S. Remote Office – Business Development & Extended Hours
If you are:
- an Australian living in America with Australian interests; or
- living in America and have Australian interests,
Corney & Lind Lawyers remote office in California, USA can facilitate your enquiry to our Business Development Team expediently.
Watch our video, as Natasha Duff, Senior Lawyer, explains on how we can assist you:
For all new clients, we invite you to contact us
for an appointment and experience Our Difference in being of service to you.
Call (07) 3252 0011, email us directly at email@example.com, or if in America, Skype Natasha: Natasha.Duff.AU